Duration: 3-4 days – 2-3 dives
Rescue Diver Course
The Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. You will learn skills such as how to perform self-rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes.
Who this course is for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified advanced adventure diver or advanced diver who would like to advance in dive training
- Anyone interested in becoming a dive leader
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider (where local law permits) certification*
- Provide proof of Advanced Adventure Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives
* Note: EFR, SDI CPROX, CPR1st or CPROX1stAED courses may be combined with the rescue program by qualified instructors.
What you can expect to learn:
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
You will cover all of the following and more!